Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1877.

[Report on Petition of Te Winiata te Pukohi]

Report on Petition of Te Winiata te Pukohi.

Petitioner states that in 1873 a block of land at Murimotu was adjudicated upon and determined in favour of 209 persons. He states that names of persons having no claim to the land were inserted, and that names which ought to have been inserted were omitted, and therefore prays that a rehearing be ordered.

I am directed to report as follows:—

That this petition is similar to No. 347, the report on which was brought up on the 17th October, 1877, and the Committee have nothing to add to the report therein made.

John Bryce,
Chairman.

29th October, 1877.

[Translation.]
Ko te kupu a te Komiti mo runga i te Pukapuka-inoi a Winiata te Pukohi.

E ki ana te kai-inoi i te tau 1873 i whakawakia tetahi poraka whenua kei Murimotu, a whakataua ana ki etahi tangata e 209. E ki ana hoki ia ko nga ingoa o etahi tangata kaore o ratou paanga i whakaurua, a ko nga ingoa o etahi tangata e tika ana kia uru kahore i whakaurua. Na reira ka inoi ia kia whaka-ritea he whakawa hou.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei atu ki te Whare:—

Ko tenei pukapuka-inoi e rite tonu ana ki te pitihana Nama 347. Ko te whakataunga i oti i te 17 o Oketopa, 1877, a ko tenei kahore he kupu tapiri a te Komiti.

John Bryce,
Tumuaki.

Oketopa 29, 1877.