Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1877.

[Report on Petition of Hori More]

Report on Petition of Hori More.

Petitioner alleges that he made an application for a rehearing before the Native Land Court of his case in respect of land at Hauraki; that his application was granted, and the rehearing ordered to take place before the 28th February, 1874; but that, nevertheless, such order has not been carried out, and he prays that it may be given effect to.

I am directed to report as follows:—

That the attention of the Government be directed to this matter, with a view of the necessary action being taken for the rehearing of the case.

John Bryce,
Chairman.

13th September, 1877.

[Translation.]
Ko te kupu a te Komiti mo runga i te Pukapuka-inoi a Hori More.

E ki ana te kai-inoi i tono ia kia whakawakia tuaruatia tetahi whenua i whai take ai ia, ki te aroaro o te Kooti Whenua Maori, i whakaaetia tana tono, a i whakahaua kia tu taua whakawa tuarua ki mua atu o te 28 o Pepuere, 1874, otira kahore i rite taua whakahaunga a e tono ana ia kia whakamana.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei atu ki te Whare:—

Me tono atu ki te Kawanatanga kia tirohia e ratou tenei mea kia ahei ai te whakahaere te tikanga kia whakawakia tuaruatia ai tenei whenua.

John Bryce,
Tumuaki.

Hepetema 13, 1877.