Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1877.

[Report on Petition of Teoti Pita Mutu and Others]

Report on Petition of Teoti Pita Mutu and Others.

Petitioners pray that the lands awarded to them by the Native Lands Court, which sat at Christchurch in 1868, may be given to them, in order that they may be in a position to lease or make other use of them. They also pray that the Government should survey and subdivide the lands into blocks suitable for each hapu, without charge or deduction.

I am directed to report as follows:—

That the Kaiapoi Native Reserves Bill now before the House appears to deal with the matters referred to by the petitioners. The Committee therefore recommend the petition to the consideration of the House and the Government, in view of the passing of that measure into law.

John Bryce,
Chairman.

12th September, 1877.

[Translation.]
Ko te Kupu a te Komiti mo runga i te Pukapuka-inoi a Teoti Pita Mutu me etahi atu.

E tono ana nga kai-inoi ki nga whenua i whakataua ki a ratou e te Kooti Whakawa Whenua Maori i noho ki Otautahi i te tau 1868 kia hoatu ki a ratou kia ahei ai ratou ki te riihi ki te mahi i aua Whenua. E ki ana hoki ratou kia ruritia kia wehewehea nga Whenua ki ia hapu, kia kaua he utu ma nga Maori mo taua ruritanga.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei atu ki te Whare:—

E whakaarohia ana ka oti nga mea e whakahuatia ana e nga kai-inoi i te pire mo nga Whenua Rahui Maori i Kaiapoi, koia i ki ai te Komiti kia whiriwhiria e te Whare me te Kawanatanga te Pukapuka inoi ana hanga taua Ture.

John Bryce,
Tumuaki.

Hepetema 12, 1877.