Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1877.

[Report on Petition of Meremana Konui]

Report on Petition of Meremana Konui.

Petitioner states that his name was omitted from the certificate of title to the Te Puninga Block, although he was a large owner thereof; that it was owing to ignorance on the part of the Maoris that his claim was not established to the satisfaction of the Court which investigated the title in March last; and he prays for a rehearing in order that his name may be inserted in the grant.

I am directed to report as follows:—

That, in the opinion of this Committee, the matters referred to in this petition ought to be inquired into by the Government, and, should the allegations of the petitioner be proved to be correct, that means of relief should be afforded.

John Bryce,
Chairman.

5th September, 1877.
page 14

Ko te Kupu a te Komiti mo runga i te Pukapuka-inoi a Te Meremana Konui.

E ki ana te kai-inoi i mahue tona ingoa ki waho o te Tiwhikete o Te Puninga ahakoa he tangata whai putake nui ia ki reira. Na te kuare o nga Maori i kore ai i marama tona putake ki te Kooti nana i whakawa i a Maehe kua pahure nei, a e inoi ana ia kia whakawakia tuaruatia kia ahei ai tona ingoa te whakanoho ki roto ki te Karaati.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei atu ki te Whare:—

Ki te whakaaro a te Komiti ma te Kawanatanga e kimi te tikanga o te mea e whakahuatia ana i roto i tenei Pukapuka-inoi a mehemea ka kitea e tika ana nga kupu a te kai-ino me whakarite he huarahi e ora ai ia.

John Bryce,
Tumuaki.

Hepetema 5, 1877.