Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1876.

[Report on the Petition of Rahera Tiwaia]

Report on the Petition of Rahera Tiwaia.

Petitioner prays that two thousand (2,000) acres situated in the Waitotara district, and confiscated by the Government, may be restored to her, on the grounds that she has always been loyal, and that in the time of war she saved the lives of two Europeans.

I am directed to report as follows:—That, no evidence having been submitted in support of the allegations of the petition, the Committee are not prepared to report an opinion on the subject.

John Bryce,
Chairman.

24th August, 1876.

[Translation.]
Ko te Kupu a te Komiti mo runga i te Pukapuka-inoi a Rahera Tiwaia.

E tono ana te kai-inoi kia whakahokia ki a ia tetahi whenua e rua mano (2,000) eka te nui kei te takiwa o Waitotara i tangohia e te Kawanatanga mo te hara o te iwi, te take tono ai ia i piri pono tonu ia ki a te Kuini a i whakaorangia e ia nga pakeha tokorua i te wa o te whawhai.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei atu ki te Whare:—Notemea kahore i whakaaturia mai he korero hei whakakaha i nga kupu o te pukapuka-inoi, kahore te Komiti i marama ki te whakapuaki i tetahi whakaaro ma ratou mo tenei mea.

John Bryce,
Tumuaki.

Akuhata 24, 1876.