Other formats

    TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  


    mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Journal of the Nelson and Marlborough Historical Societies, Volume 1, Issue 1, October 1981

Wheatsheaf – 1860–1873

Wheatsheaf – 1860–1873

Opposite the Star and Garter, on the corner of Queen and Cambridge Street, the Wheatsheaf was built in 1860. This hotel had a deep ditch in front and was bridged on the Cambridge Street side only. It was the downfall of many unwary travellers. Landlords were: 1860 W. Young, 1861 Charles Gentry, 1865 Mr J. Disher, 1867 Mr Balck. In 1873 it was burned down and not rebuilt.