Other formats

    TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  


    mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Nelson Historical Society Journal, Volume 2, Issue 1, 1966

Wakefield Quay:

Wakefield Quay:

Named after Captain Wakefield who lived here and landed here. Quite a fitting name. The original road ran from the end of Haven Road to the bottom of Richardson Street and its continuation, the Rocks Road, was not opened until the 1890's.