Nelson Historical Society Journal, Volume 2, Issue 1, 1966
Spelt Manouka on the 1842 map. It ran from Collingwood page 22Street to the eastern hills and was supposed to run up the hill in a southerly direction to join Manuka Road. This road, on the maps, ran along the hillside above the Brook and is mentioned in the Dun Mountain Railway Act when the railway was supposed to cross it but it doesn't appear there today and may never have been formed. The Council has named a road above Cleveland Road by this name recently.
These Maori names for streets were probably some of the interesting names suggested by Stephens.