Nelson Historical Society Journal, Volume 2, Issue 1, 1966
That point on Haulashore, nearest to the mainland, and the scene of a wreck in 1843, when the schooner Henry was driven on to it. The name comes from a Director of the New Zealand Company—Henry A. Aglionby, MP., and also occurs as a street name in Wellington.
Other Directors were Molesworth, Gowan and Mangles but their names are not in use for Nelson street names although used elsewhere in the Province. An old painting of the Matukituki by Wm. Fox is labelled Aglionby Valley or River.
There was a Molesworth Street in early Nelson maps at the entrance to the Maitai Valley. It was replaced by Maitai Road which is, however, much nearer to the river than Molesworth Street which lay nearer the foot of the hills by the Scout Camp.