Illustrated Guide to Christchurch and Neighbourhood
The Permanent Investment and Loan Association — of Canterbury
The Permanent Investment and Loan Association
With a capital of £100,000, was established in January, 1871, for the purpose of making advances on freehold and leasehold properties and investment shares, the sum borrowed being repaid by easy instalments extending over a period of from two to fourteen years, at the option of the borrower. Also to issue investment shares of the ultimate value of £50, the subscription thereon being five shillings per share per month, and to receive money on deposit at current rates of interest, thereby affording a safe investment for small savings. The offices are at 198 Hereford street, and Mr H. R. Webb is the manager. The directors of the association are—the Hon. J. T. Peacock, Messrs W. H. Lane, C. R. Blakiston, L. Harper, C. W. Turner, and J. M. Heywood. The bankers are the Bank of New South Wales, and the Company's solicitors are Messrs Garrick and Co.