Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

A Compendium of Official Documents Relative to Native Affairs in the South Island. Volume Two.

Enclosure in No. 35. — Copy of the assent of the Native owners to bringing 10 acres and 3 roods of land on the Island of Ruapuke, under the operation of "The Native Reserves Act, 1856."

Enclosure in No. 35.
Copy of the assent of the Native owners to bringing 10 acres and 3 roods of land on the Island of Ruapuke, under the operation of "The Native Reserves Act, 1856."

Ko matou ko nga tangata kua tuhituhia iho o matou ingoa i raro o te pukapuka nei, na matou te pihi whenua kei Ruapuke, Kua whakaahuatia ki te te taha o tenei tuhi tuhinga, Ko te wabi whenua i waenganui o Waiotokorire, te kainga o Tauotemaka te hapua (roto) i ruritia e Te Wata (I. N. Watt) Kai wakawa tuturu, rawa ko te Peka (I. H. Baker) te tino kai ruri page 176whenua o Murikiku, kota[gap — reason: illegible]i te kau eka; kua whakaae matou kia tukua ki ie ture mo nga whenua rahui o nga Maori nga tikanga mo taua pihi whenua.

John Topi,
Ihaia Waitiri Waia,
Henry West,
Tione Kihau,
Herena Kihau,
Tioti Rauparaha,
Moses Orehore,
Walter Joss,
Hoani Korako,
Riwai,
Ihaia Waitiri, jun.,
Reupene te Ruakiore,