Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

A compendium of official documents relative to native affairs in the South Island, Volume One.

Despatch from. Governor Sir George Grey, K.C.B., to His Grace the Duke of Buckingham

Despatch from. Governor Sir George Grey, K.C.B., to His Grace the Duke of Buckingham.

(No. 107.)

Government House, "Wellington, 11th October, 1867.

My Lord Duke,—

Adverting to my Despatch No. 106, of the 8th October last, transmitting to your Grace a Petition to Her Majesty from John Topi Patuki, Chief of the Ngaitahu and Ngatimamoe, I have, now the honor, at the request of my Responsible Advisers, to enclose the following additional papers connected with that petition:—

1A Memorandum from the Hon. J. C. Richmond, Minister for Native Affairs.
2.Copy of a Report of a Select Committee of the House of Representatives, dated. 23rd August, 1867, on a petition from John Topi Patuki.
3.A Letter dated 19th August, 1867, by the Hon. Walter B. D. Mantell, a Member of the Legislative Council of New Zealand, to the Governor of this Colony, in support of the Petition of John Topi Patuki to Her Majesty the Queen.

I have, &c.,

His Grace the Duke of Buckingham and Chandos.

G. Grey.