The New Zealand Railways Magazine, Volume 1, Issue 7 (December 15, 1926)
At a meeting held on Sunday, September 12th, it was decided to form a Cricket Club for members of the Linwood Loco Depot to be called the Linwood Loco Cricket Club. The following officers were appointed:—President, Mr. J. R. Johnston; vice-President, Mr. R. Inglis; Hon. Secretary, Mr. G. J. Joyce; Hon. Treasurer, Mr. J. A. Patterson; Hon. Custodian, Mr. R. J. Peattie; Club Captain, Mr. J. D. McLachlan; vice-Captain, Mr. R. Inglis; Auditor, Mr. E. R. Minifie; Selection Committee, Messrs. J. D. W. McLachlan, R. Inglis, G. D. Maindonald, W. Stokes, R. Higman, A. R. Tregurtha. With an energetic membership the Club very soon became financial and were able to get material, also the securing of a ground on the Waltham Opawa Park. To date the Club has had a couple of practices, and the opening day will be held on Saturday, October 16th. All the members have got the “big idea” and when the selectors pick the team to tour England, quite a few from the club expect to be there.
* * *