The 'Sure to Rise' Cookery Book
Afternoon Tea Cakes
Afternoon Tea Cakes.
- 1 breakfast cup ﬂour
- 2 heaped dessertspoonfuls sugar
- 3 ozs. butter (or 3 tablespoonfuls)
- 1 egg (well beaten) and some milk
- 1 teaspoon Edmonds' Baking Powder
- Jam (raspberry preferred)
Rub butter into ﬂour, then add sugar and Edmonds' Baking Powder, mix well, add egg and sufficient milk to make a light dough. Roll and cut into rounds; place a little raspberry jam on each, wet the edges, and press them together. Put on cold, greased oven shelf, and bake about 10 minutes.