The Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Taranaki, Hawke's Bay & Wellington Provincial Districts]
The Palmerston North Hospital
The Palmerston North Hospital occupies a fine site of nineteen acres in Terrace Street, about half a mile out of the town. The main building, which is constructed of wood and iron, was erected in 1893, and considerable additions have been made from time to time. In 1907 a two-storeyed brick building was crected as a female ward. There is a home for the nurses, which was built in 1906, a ward for infections diseases, and an isolation ward. During the year ended December, 1907, 518 patients obtained admission to the hospital. The medical staff consists of Dr. A. A. Martin, Dr. G. Wilson, Dr. J. H. L. Macintire, and Dr. F. Monckton (honorary surgeon). Miss McLagan is matron.