The Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Taranaki, Hawke's Bay & Wellington Provincial Districts]
The Feilding Industrial, Agricultural, and Pastoral Association was established in the year 1901. An annual show is held in the month of February in the Jockey Club's ground at South Street. Entries are received from all parts of the district and are steadily increasing. A ram fair is held on the day following the annual show. There is a membership of about 700, and page 648 funds are increased by public donations. The association is in a prosperous condition, and had a credit balance of £298 in March, 1907. Officers for the year 1907–08: Messrs. H. J. Booth (president), G. Wheeler, W. G. Pearce, J. Campion, and Hugh Burrell (vice-presidents), and a committee of twenty-one. Mr. E. Good-behere is hon. treasurer; and Mr. E. H. Fisher secretary.
Mr. Edward H. Fisher, Secretary to the Feilding Industrial, Agricultural and Pastoral Association, was born in Birmingham, England, and educated in England. After some years spent at sea and in Africa he learned the trade of a printer, and subsequently established a business in Feilding. Mr. Fisher is secretary of the local athletic club, and the Manchester Rifle Volunteers.