The Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Taranaki, Hawke's Bay & Wellington Provincial Districts]
Dentists — Crump, Harry Dixon,
Crump, Harry Dixon, Surgeon Dentist, corner of Heretunga Strreet and Station Street, Hastings. This practice was established in the year 1902 by Mr. H. D. Crump. The premises are situated on the first floor of a wooden building, and include dental and operating rooms, fitted up with the latest appliances, and furnished with careful attention to every detail; there is also a well-appointed reception room, with a lady in attendance. Mr. Crump is a son of the Rev. John Crump, and was born at New Plymouth. He was educated privately, and afterwards studied music with a view to taking it up as a profession. He subsequently changed his plans, however, studied law for a time in Palmerston North, and was then apprenticed to Messrs J. W. Tatton and Son, dentists, of Nelson. In 1901 Mr. Crump qualified by examination, and in the following year settled in Hastings, and estabished his present practice. While in Nelson he was for four years examiner in music to the Nelson Education Board, and still continues to take a keen interest in musical matters. Mr. Crump is conductor of the Hastings Wesleyan Choir, and the Hastings Choral Society.
Brown and Ross, photo.
Mr. H. D. Crump.