The Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Taranaki, Hawke's Bay & Wellington Provincial Districts]
The Court House, Hastings, is a substantial wooden building on a concrete foundation, and contains the Court room, the Magistrate's office, a general public room, and a waiting room. It was created in 1891, the Court having been held for some years previously in the reading room of the Athenaeum. Fortnightly sittings are held; Mr. Brabant is stipendiary magistrate.
Ebbett, George, Barrister and Solicitor, Hastings. Mr. Ebbett is a son of Mr. James Ebbett, a well-known settler of Hastings, and was born in the year 1872. He was educated at Hastings, and at the High School, Napier, subsequently studied law, and was admitted to the bar in 1896. Mr. Ebbett was a member of the Hastings Borough Council for four years.