The Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Taranaki, Hawke's Bay & Wellington Provincial Districts]
Kennedy Brothers and Morgan (Charles Dugald Kennedy, Arthur Angus Kennedy, and James Rice Morgan), Civil Engineers and Surveyors, Herschel Street, Napier. P.O. Box, 104. Bankers, Bank of New Zealand. This business, which is the largest of its kind in Hawke's Bay, was established in the year 1878 by Mr. C. D. Kennedy, who was joined by his brother, Mr. A. A. Kennedy, in 1890. Subsequently Mr. J. R. Morgan joined the firm, and it has since been conducted under its present title. Messrs Kennedy Brothers and Morgan are engineers for many of the local bodies, and Mr. C. D. Kennedy acts as consulting member.
Mr. C. D. Kennedy, of the firm of Messrs Kennedy Brothers and Morgan, is more fully referred to as engineer of the Hawke's Bay County Council, and as a member of the firm of Kennedy and Lusk, barristers and solicitors.
Mr. James Rice Morgan is the second son of the late Mr. J. R. Morgan, architect, of Gisborne. He was born in Auckland, and educated at the Gisborne High School. In the year 1885 he was articled to Major Winter, and in 1902 became a partner in the firm of Kennedy Brothers, when the firm assumed its present title.