The Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Taranaki, Hawke's Bay & Wellington Provincial Districts]
The Taranaki Licensing Committee has jurisdiction over the electoral district of Taranaki, which extends from Ngariki road, below Rahotu, to within about two miles of the mouth of the Waiongono river on the north and a considerable distance inland. Members of the committee for the year 1906: Messrs T. Hutchison, Stipendiary Magistrate (chairman), D. Berry, W. Ambury, J. S. McKellar, W. L. Newman, and T. Brasch. Mr. W. A. D. Banks is clerk to the committee. There are nine hotel licenses, two accommodation licenses, three wholesale licenses, and a packet license in the district.
The Egmont Licensing Committee has jurisdiction over the electoral district of Egmont. Members for the year 1906: Messrs T. Hutchison, Stipendiary Magistrate (chairman), W. L. Grey, D. H. McDonald, R. H. Piggott, C. H. Scott, and A. M. Thomson. Mr. W. A. D. Banks is clerk. There are eight hotel licenses and one packet licence in the district.