The Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Taranaki, Hawke's Bay & Wellington Provincial Districts]
The Bank Of New Zealand
The Bank Of New Zealand has been represented in New Plymouth since the year 1860. The branch is domiciled in a wood and iron building, which stands on the corner of Brougham Street and Devon Street. It contains a banking chamber, a manager's room, a strong room, with double entrance, and a residence. The staff consists of a manager and nine officers.