The Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Taranaki, Hawke's Bay & Wellington Provincial Districts]
Mr. Charles Maxwell Lepper
Mr. Charles Maxwell Lepper, Secretary and Treasurer of the Taranaki Hospital and Charitable Aid Board, is a son of the late Major Maxwell Lepper, after whom the township of Lepperton is named. He was born in Wellington in 1861, educated at Adams' school, New Plymouth, and afterwards gained a thorough knowledge of farming as a cadet on Captain Armstrong's farm, “Tekorangi.” He took charge of Woodlands, his present property, in 1881, and devotes his attention chiefly to dairying. Mr. Lepper has always been prominent in local politics, and has been connected with the Waitara West Road Board, the New Plymouth Hospital and Charitable Aid Board, and the Lepperton school committee for many years. He takes great interest in sporting affairs, is a member of most of the local clubs, and is also a Freemason. Mr. Lepper married a daughter of Captain Armstrong.page 67
Mr. C. M. Lepper's Residence.