The Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Taranaki, Hawke's Bay & Wellington Provincial Districts]
The Taranaki Hospital and Charitable Aid Board
The Taranaki Hospital and Charitable Aid Board was established about the year 1880. Members for 1906: Mr. G. Tisch (chairman), and Messrs R. Cock, C. Andrews, J. Burgess, J. Brown, C. O'sullivan, and D. H. McDonald. Mr. C. M. Lepper is the Secretary and Treasurer. The Board controls the administration of the New Plymouth Hospital and Old People's Home, and administers Charitable Aid for the district. Dr. Leathain is Medical Superintendent of the Hospital, and Dr. Walker of the Old People's Home. The revenue of the Board is derived from contributions levied on the local bodies, and from Government subsidies and public subscriptions. The Board's offices are in Brougham Street, New Plymouth.