The Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Canterbury Provincial District]
The “Mercantile and Bankruptcy Gazette of New Zealand”
The “Mercantile and Bankruptcy Gazette of New Zealand” (The Trade Auxiliary Company Ltd., proprietors), Hobbs' Buildings, Christchurch. The “Mercantile Gazette” was for many years published in Dunedin prior to 1887, when the “Weekly Advertiser,” which had been established in Christchurch by Messrs Russell and De Veaux about 1883, was incorporated with it. The “Mercantile Gazette” continued to be published in Dunedin till 1890, when the Trade Auxiliary Company was incorporated to purchase the goodwill of that journal, together with “The Trade Protection Gazette,” a journal which had been published since 1887 in Wellington by the New Zealand Mutual Creditors' Association, Ltd., and the “Gazette” has since been continued under the same style in Christchurch. This journal, which is well known throughout the whole of New Zealand, as well as in the principal cities of Australia, supplies regular information respecting all the bankruptey proceedings in the Colony, and gives complete information of all Instruments under the “Chattels Transfer Act,” and of applications for patents. Regular share and market reports are also published in its columns, and it includes partnerships, and the registrations of companies and the estates of deceased persons.