The Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Canterbury Provincial District]
The Rev. John Mackenzie
The Rev. John Mackenzie, M.A., Minister in charge of St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, Christchurch, was born in 1869 at Geraldine, Canterbury, and was educated there and at the Timaru High School. He afterwards attended the Otago University, where he graduated B.A. in 1891, and M.A., with honours in English and Latin, in the page 198 following year. Mr. Mackenzie studied at the Theological Hall, Dunedin, and at the New College, Edinburgh, whence he returned to the colony in 1895. He was called to the pastorate of St. James' Church at the Tnames in 1895, and received a call from there to St. Andrew's, Christchurch, in 1900. Mr Mackenzie was married, in 1895, to a daughter of Mr. Keith Ramsay, of Dunedin, and has one son.