Dr Andrew John Crawford,
M.B., Ch.B., B.A., was appointed Assistant HouseSurgeon at the Christchurch Hospital at the latter end of February, 1902, in succession to Dr. Morkane, who resigned the post a short time previously. Dr. Crawford is a son of the late Mr. James Crawford, who for some years was an officer in the Public Works Department of the Government service. He was born in Dunedin in 1877, and gained his primary education at the public schools. Taking advantage of a Senior Provincial Scholarship, won in 1832, he spent three years at the Otago Boys' High School, where the gained the Richardson Scholarship in 1895. This entitled him to three years' tuition at the Otago University, at which he gained his
Christchurch Hospital, and Grounds.
Arts Degree in 1898. Having previously determined to take a medical course, he entered the Otago Medical School, and after three years of close application he gained his diplomas in February, 1902.
Christchurch Hospital: Another View.