The Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Wellington Provincial District]
Green, W. H., and Co
Green, W. H., and Co. (William Henry Green), Wholesale Stationers and Fancy Goods Dealers, Victoria Street. Cable address, “Green, Wellington.” Telephone 228; P.O. Box 168. Bankers, Bank of New Zealand. Private residence, Mein Street. Mr. Green is a native of London, where he was brought up to mercantile life. In 1877 he came out to New Zealand, via Melbourne, and took a position in a Wellington house. In the following year Mr. Green joined Mr. J. Cole Edwards under the style of Edwards and Green, printers, and continued a member of the firm till 1888 when the partnership was dissolved by mutual consent. In the latter year Mr. Green established the present business, and has conducted a growing trade ever since. Recently Mr. Green found it advisable to take a second trip to England on business, which he was able to turn to good account. He is a direct importer of all classes of goods, which he stocks, and has a connection throughout the Colony. He holds several agencies for type, ink, etc., and makes this line a specialty, together with stationery of all descriptions. His premises are extensive, the building being of brick, two stories in height. Mr. Green keeps a large and varied stock from which his customers may select to fill their requirements.