Lieutenant Walter Lancelot Girling-Butcher
at or after 1849 and at or before 11 November 1903–31 March 1918
Studied law at Victoria University College from 1913-1915. Sailed as a second lieutenant with the 11th Reinforcements
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Lieutenant Walter Lancelot Girling-Butcher as: "Lieutenant Walter Lancelot Girling-Butcher". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Lieutenant Walter Lancelot Girling-Butcher":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.