Bill Nelson is originally from Auckland and now lives in Wellington where he is a poet and map-maker. In 2009 he was awarded the Biggs Poetry Prize for his MA portfolio at the IIML. He has writing forthcoming in Hue & Cry
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- How to do just about anything in Sport 42: 2014
- Structural Evidence in Sport 40: 2012
- Naturewalk in Sport 40: 2012
- Pronoun Rain in Sport 40: 2012
- The Pigeon History in Sport 38: Winter 2010
- Prehistory in Sport 38: Winter 2010
- Settlement in Sport 38: Winter 2010
- Consolidation in Sport 38: Winter 2010
- Unsettlement in Sport 38: Winter 2010
- Posthistory in Sport 38: Winter 2010
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Bill Nelson as: "Bill Nelson". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Bill Nelson":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.