Lieutenant-Colonel John Henry Herbert St. John
- Reminiscences of The War in New Zealand
- Chapter I. — Landing of Troops at Wanganui
- Chapter XXIII. — Colonel McDonnell's Campaign—continued. — Te Umu, Popoia, Tirotiromoana, Rotorua
- Chapter XXIV. — Skirmishes on The East Coast. — Wonderful Escape of Wilkinson and Livingstone. Murder of Moore and Beggs
- Chapter XXV. — Skirmishes on The East Coast—continued. — Colonel St. John at Opotiki. Murder of Mr. Pitcairn
- Chapter XLVII. — Operations Against Titokowaru—continued. — Murder of the Rev. Mr. Whitely, Lieutenant and Mrs. Gascoigne and Three Children. Skirmish at Otauto on the Patea River. Attack on Te Ngaihere
- Chapter XLVIII. — Operations Against Titokowaru—continued. — Colonel Whitmore Marches on General Chute's Track to Taranaki. Hunting up Stragglers. Capture of Pakakohi by Major Noake
- Chapter XLIX. — Campaign Against the Uriwera Tribe. — Reasons for the Campaign. March of Converging Columns
- Chapter L. — Campaign Against the Uriwera Tribe—continued. — Te Kooti Attacks Whakatane. Taking of Ahikereru. Death of Lieutenant White. Doings of Colonel St. John's Column
- Chapter LI. — Campaign Against the Uriwera Tribe—continued. — Ruatahuna. Death of Captain Travers. Major Roberts' Column
- Chapter LII. — Campaign Against The Uriwera Tribe—continued. — Te Kooti. Attack on Mohaka. Murder of lavin, his wife and three children, wilkinson and cooper
- Chapter LVI. — The Taupo Campaign. — The Massacre of Colonel St John's Escort At Opepe. Te Kooti's Visit to the Waikato and Return to Lake Taupo
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Lieutenant-Colonel John Henry Herbert St. John as: "Lieutenant-Colonel John Henry Herbert St. John". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Lieutenant-Colonel John Henry Herbert St. John":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.