Anthony van Diemen
Also known as: Antonie van Diemen.
Dutch colonial governor.
- An Introduction to Polynesian Anthropology
- A year among the Maoris: study of their arts and customs
- Explorers of the Pacific: European and American Discoveries in Polynesia
- The Discovery of New Zealand
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Anthony van Diemen as: "Anthony van Diemen", "Antonie van Diemen". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Anthony van Diemen":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.