Also known as: Barnet Burns; Hori Waiti.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- A Brief Narrative of a New Zealand Chief: Being the Remarkable History of Barnet Burns, An English Sailor, with a Faithful Account of the Way in Which He Became a Chief of One of the Tribes of New Zealand, Together with a Few Remarks on the Manners and Customs of the People, and Other Interesting Matter, quoted in Barnet Burns' Exploits — Life on the East Coast a Century Ago — Tattooed from Head to Foot — An Extraordinary Story
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for George White as: "George White", "Barnet Burns"; "Hori Waiti". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "George White":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.