- Botanical Discovery in New Zealand: The Resident Botanists
- Historic Poverty Bay and the East Coast, N.I., N.Z.
- Terrible Raids by Hongi and Pomare
- Siege of Toka-a-Kuku
- Katete's Strange Fate
- Bristow: Whaler, Trader and Mariner
- Poverty Bay's Trade in 1830's
- Native Land Settlement
- A Man of Many Parts
- Some Other Early Whalers
- Sequel to a Slaying
- Waiapu Ablaze
- Flockowners in 1877
- Famous Vessel Used as First Freezer in Poverty Bay
- Social, Sporting and Business Centres
- Gisborne High School
- Earthquakes, Seismic Waves, Floods and Droughts
- Disasters in Poverty Bay and Along the East Coast
- Mystery Solved
- Development Under Difficulties
- Severe Setbacks at Outset
- Manual of the New Zealand Flora.
- Reminiscences of The War in New Zealand
- The Ancient History of the Maori, His Mythology and Traditions: Tai-Nui. [Vol. IV]
- The Ancient History of the Maori, His Mythology and Traditions: Tai-Nui. [Vol. V]
- The Autobiography of a Maori
- The Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Auckland Provincial District]
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Hicks Bay as: "Hicks Bay". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Hicks Bay":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.