Works by this Author in Our Collection
- An Epitome of Official Documents Relative to Native Affairs and Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand
- Historic Poverty Bay and the East Coast, N.I., N.Z.
- Illustrated Guide to Christchurch and Neighbourhood
- Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume Two
- New Zealand: Acts affecting Native Lands, 1886, 1888-91 and 1894-95
- The Ancient History of the Maori, His Mythology and Traditions: Horo-Uta or Taki-Tumu Migration. [Vol. III]
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Samuel Locke as: "Samuel Locke". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Samuel Locke":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.