Also known as: Baron Charles Philip Hippolytus de Thierry.
Businessman, coloniser, music teacher.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- Extract from letter from Baron Charles de Thierry to James Busby, 30 August, 1836, quoted in Chapter Ten — Duel with Quill Pens
- Extract from a letter from Baron Charles de Thierry to the Sydney Gazette, 17 December, 1837, quoted in Chapter Thirteen — Fiat Justitia
- Articles of sovereignty for Baron de Thierry’s holdings in New Zealand, quoted in Chapter Twenty-Three — Pardonne
- Letter from Baron Charles de Thierry to Sir George Grey, May, 1863, quoted in Chapter Twenty-Three — Pardonne
- Letter from Baron Charles Philippe Hippolyte de Thierry to Henry Bathurst, April 21, 1824, quoted in CHAPTER XXV. — Colonization Schemes, 1825 to 1827
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Baron Charles Philippe Hippolyte de Thierry as: "Baron Charles Philippe Hippolyte de Thierry", "Baron Charles Philip Hippolytus de Thierry". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Baron Charles Philippe Hippolyte de Thierry":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.