Land claims commissioner.
- A compendium of official documents relative to native affairs in the South Island, Volume One.
- A Compendium of Official Documents Relative to Native Affairs in the South Island. Volume Two.
- An Epitome of Official Documents Relative to Native Affairs and Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand
- Aureretanga: Groans of the Maoris
- Important Judgments: Delivered in the Compensation Court and Native Land Court. 1866–1879.
- Notes on Early Life in New Zealand
- Notes on Sir William Martin's Pamphlet Entitled the Taranaki Question
- Reminiscences of The War in New Zealand
- The Maori King
- The Second Year of One of England's Little Wars
- The Taranaki Question
- Whakarewarewa School Reserve, Motueka (Report of Mr. Commissioner Mackay upon the).
- White Wings Vol II. Founding Of The Provinces And Old-Time Shipping. Passenger Ships From 1840 To 1885
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for William Spain as: "William Spain". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "William Spain":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.