Teacher, lecturer, educationalist, teachers' college principal, civil libertarian.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- Our Mistake in Salient. Victoria University of Wellington Student's Newspaper. Volume 31, Number 3. March 19 1968
- The Cultural Situation in Salient. An organ of student opinion at Victoria College Wellington, N.Z. Vol. 2, No. 5 April 19, 1939
- Verse Judgments [Spike 1943] in The Spike or Victoria University College Review 1943
- Judgements in The Spike: or, Victoria College Review, 1939
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Walter James Scott as: "Walter James Scott". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Walter James Scott":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.