Herbert Otto Roth
Socialist, labourer, librarian, historian.
Spouses: Margot Roth
- A Popular Vision: The Arts and the Left in New Zealand 1930-1950
- Geoffrey Alley, Librarian: His Life & Work
- Historical Records of New Zealand Vol. II.
- Kōtare 2007, Special Issue — Essays in New Zealand Literary Biography Series One: ‘Women Prose Writers to World War I’
- New Zealand Studies: A Guide to Bibliographic Resources
- State Authority, Indigenous Autonomy: Crown-Maori Relations in New Zealand/Aotearoa 1900-1950
- Book & Print in New Zealand : A Guide to Print Culture in Aotearoa
- Kōtare 1999, Volume Two, Number Two
- Victoria University of Wellington 1899 ~ 1999 A History
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Herbert Otto Roth as: "Herbert Otto Roth". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Herbert Otto Roth":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.