Alexander Lawrence Herdman
17 July 1869–13 June 1953
Lawyer, politician, judge.
- Armageddon or Calvary: The Conscientious Objectors of New Zealand and "The Process of Their Conversion"
- Nga Korero Paremete: 1902-1903
- The Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Otago & Southland Provincial Districts]
- The Right Honourable Sir Francis H. D. Bell, P.C., G.C.M.G., K.C.,: His Life and Times
- The War Effort of New Zealand
- Victoria University of Wellington 1899 ~ 1999 A History
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Alexander Lawrence Herdman as: "Alexander Lawrence Herdman". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Alexander Lawrence Herdman":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.