Sir Charles Clifford
Pastoralist, politician, businessman.
- A History of the Birds of New Zealand.
- An Epitome of Official Documents Relative to Native Affairs and Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand
- England and the Maori Wars
- History of New Zealand
- History of New Zealand. Vol. II.
- History of New Zealand. Vol. III.
- New Zealand Minstrelsy
- Nineteenth Century New Zealand Artists: A Guide & Handbook
- Settlers and Pioneers
- The Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Wellington Provincial District]
- The Exploration of New Zealand
- The Founders of Canterbury
- The Maori King
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Sir Charles Clifford as: "Sir Charles Clifford". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Sir Charles Clifford":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.