Journalist, lawyer, philologist, astronomer, naturalist.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- The Aryo-semitic Maori. A paper read before the Nelson Philosophical Society, 1st November, 1886 in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 66
- Notes on the Maori-Polynesian comparative dictionary, of E. Tregear, by A.S. Atkinson, being a paper read before the Nelson Philosophic Society, April 11th, May 16th, and Dec. 12th, 1892 in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 71
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Arthur Samuel Atkinson as: "Arthur Samuel Atkinson". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Arthur Samuel Atkinson":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.