Sir John Pakington, 1st Baron Hampton
Politician, Secretary of State for War and the Colonies.
- A compendium of official documents relative to native affairs in the South Island, Volume One.
- Aureretanga: Groans of the Maoris
- Important Judgments: Delivered in the Compensation Court and Native Land Court. 1866–1879.
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Sir John Pakington, 1st Baron Hampton as: "Sir John Pakington, 1st Baron Hampton". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Sir John Pakington, 1st Baron Hampton":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.