Captain Philip Gidley King
Governor of New South Wales.
- Aureretanga: Groans of the Maoris
- From Tasman To Marsden.
- Historic Poverty Bay and the East Coast, N.I., N.Z.
- New Zealand in the World
- Te Ika a Maui, or New Zealand and its Inhabitants
- The Ancient History of the Maori, His Mythology and Traditions. Nga-Puhi [Vol. X, Māori]
- The Discovery of New Zealand
- The Exploration of New Zealand
- The Life and Times of Patuone
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Captain Philip Gidley King as: "Captain Philip Gidley King". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Captain Philip Gidley King":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.