- Geological and other Reports
- He Ture whakatakoto tikanga hei kimi i nga Take ki etahi Whenua i te Takiwa o Turanganui (31 o Akuhata, 1874).
- History and traditions of the Maoris of the West Coast, North Island of New Zealand, prior to 1840
- History of New Zealand. Vol. III.
- Important Judgments: Delivered in the Compensation Court and Native Land Court. 1866–1879.
- Notes on Sir William Martin's Pamphlet Entitled the Taranaki Question
- Octavius Hadfield
- The Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Wellington Provincial District]
- The Second Year of One of England's Little Wars
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Waikanae as: "Waikanae". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Waikanae":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.