Historian and author.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- ‘Red Hot Gospels of Highbrows’: R. A. K. Mason and the demise of Phoenix in Kōtare 1998, Volume One, Number One
- Censorship, subversion and short fiction in 1940 in Kōtare 2000, Volume Three, Number One
- Recognition, and rewards of success in Book & Print in New Zealand : A Guide to Print Culture in Aotearoa
- A bibliographical description and nominal index to The Phoenix, Auckland University College, 1932–1933 in Kōtare 1999, Volume Two, Number One
- A. R. D. Fairburn, 1904–1957 in Kōtare 2008, Special Issue — Essays in New Zealand Literary Biography Series Three: ‘The Early Poets’
- Montague Harry Holcroft, 1902–1993 in Kōtare 2008, Special Issue — Essays in New Zealand Literary Biography Series Two: ‘Early Male Prose Writers’
- Charles Brasch, 1909–1973 in Kōtare 2008, Special Issue — Essays in New Zealand Literary Biography Series Three: ‘The Early Poets’
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Stephen Derek Hamilton as: "Stephen Derek Hamilton". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Stephen Derek Hamilton":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.