Te Pokiha Taranui
Also known as: Major Fox.
Ngati Pikiao leader, soldier
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- Further Papers relative to the Native Insurrection [Correspondence relating to the fall of Rangiriri and Ngāruawāhia]
- Legends of the Maori
- Nga kōrero a Reweti Kohere Mā
- Petition of William Thompson, Te Waharoa
- The Maori: Yesterday and To-day
- The Maori - Volume II
- The New Zealand Wars: A History of the Maori Campaigns and the Pioneering Period: Volume I (1845–64)
- The New Zealand Wars: A History of the Maori Campaigns and the Pioneering Period: Volume II: The Hauhau Wars, (1864–72)
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Te Pokiha Taranui as: "Te Pokiha Taranui", "Major Fox". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Te Pokiha Taranui":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.