- Historic Poverty Bay and the East Coast, N.I., N.Z.
- History of New Zealand. Vol. III.
- Pioneering the Pumice
- Some Chapters in the Life and Times of Te Rauparaha
- The Ancient History of the Maori, His Mythology and Traditions. Nga-Puhi [Vol. X, English]
- The Ancient History of the Maori, His Mythology and Traditions. Nga-Puhi [Vol. X, Māori]
- The Autobiography of a Maori
- The Early Journals of Henry Williams
- The Exploration of New Zealand
- The Story of a Maori Chief
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Te Waru as: "Te Waru". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Te Waru":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.