- Botanical Discovery in New Zealand: The Resident Botanists
- Explorers of the Pacific: European and American Discoveries in Polynesia
- From Tasman To Marsden.
- History and traditions of the Maoris of the West Coast, North Island of New Zealand, prior to 1840
- Manual of the New Zealand Flora.
- New Zealand Plants and their Story
- The Maori: Yesterday and To-day
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Kermadec Islands as: "Kermadec Islands". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Kermadec Islands":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.