- A Book in the Hand: Essays on the History of the Book in New Zealand
- Hero Stories of New Zealand
- Historic Poverty Bay and the East Coast, N.I., N.Z.
- History and traditions of the Maoris of the West Coast, North Island of New Zealand, prior to 1840
- Kōtare 2008, Special Issue — Essays in New Zealand Literary Biography Series Two: ‘Early Male Prose Writers’
- Letter from James Cowan to Horace Fildes, 14 June 1922
- Moko; or Maori Tattooing
- Ngā Tohuwhenua Mai Te Rangi: A New Zealand Archeology in Aerial Photographs
- Notes on Sir William Martin's Pamphlet Entitled the Taranaki Question
- Sir Donald Maclean
- Chapter VII — Taking the Tapu off a Road — A West Coast Episode
- Chapter XX — The Raid of the Mountain Men — How a Hauhau War Party threatened Napier and how it was Defeated
- Chapter XXII — Maclean as Native Minister
- Chapter XXIII — The Bush Campaigns — Maclean and the Expeditions Against Te Kooti
- Chapter XXVI — Maclean and the Kingites: Frontier Conditions
- Chapter XXIX — When Maclean met Tawhiao — King Country Home Rule offered
- Chapter XXXI — Last Days: The Mourning for Te Makarini
- Maclean goes to Taupo and meets Te Heuheu
- A Visit to the Taupo and Rotorua Tribes
- State Authority, Indigenous Autonomy: Crown-Maori Relations in New Zealand/Aotearoa 1900-1950
- Te Ika a Maui, or New Zealand and its Inhabitants
- The Adventures of Kimble Bent
- The Ancient History of the Maori, His Mythology and Traditions: Horo-Uta or Taki-Tumu Migration. [Vol. II]
- The Ancient History of the Maori, His Mythology and Traditions: Tai-Nui. [Vol. V]
- The Ancient History of the Maori, His Mythology and Traditions. Nga-Puhi [Vol. XI]
- The Maoris in the Great War
- The New Zealand Wars: A History of the Maori Campaigns and the Pioneering Period: Volume I (1845–64)
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Ngāti Maniapoto as: "Ngāti Maniapoto". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Ngāti Maniapoto":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.