- 2nd New Zealand Divisional Artillery
- Arts and Crafts of the Cook Islands
- Book & Print in New Zealand : A Guide to Print Culture in Aotearoa
- Cook the Navigator
- Fulbright in New Zealand
- Journal of researches into the natural history and geology of the countries visited during the voyage of H.M.S. "Beagle" round the world, under the command of Capt. Fitz Roy, R.N.
- Kōtare 2004, Volume Five, Number One
- Land Tenure in the Cook Islands
- Letter from John Cawte Beaglehole to his Mother, 21 February, 1927
- Letter from John Cawte Beaglehole to his Mother, 31 May 1927
- New Zealand's Burning — The Settlers' World in the Mid 1880s
- New Zealand Engineers, Middle East
- New Zealanders with the Royal Air Force (Vol. II)
- Polynesian Researches
- Settler Kaponga 1881–1914 — A Frontier Fragment of the Western World
- Sport 12: Autumn 1994
- Sport 17: Spring 1996
- Sport 2: Autumn 1989
- Sport 5: Spring 1990
- Sport 6: Autumn 1991
- The Farthest Promised Land — English Villagers, New Zealand Immigrants of the 1870s
- The Home Front Volume I
- The Home Front Volume II
- The New Zealand Dental Services
- The Old Frontier : Te Awamutu, the story of the Waipa Valley : the missionary, the soldier, the pioneer farmer, early colonization, the war in Waikato, life on the Maori border and later-day settlement
- The Right Honourable Sir Francis H. D. Bell, P.C., G.C.M.G., K.C.,: His Life and Times
- The Royal New Zealand Navy
- War Economy
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for California as: "California". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "California":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.